Chipmunk – Introductory Flight Experience
Take to the skies just like your ancestors during the war in this nostalgic Chipmunk Flight Experience.
Known for being the primary RAF trainer during the late 1940’s and 50’s and its aerobatic capabilities, the ‘Chippie’ is a plane everyone will recognise!
This fantastic experience will truly take you back in aviation history, as you take to the skies in this absolutely beautiful vintage, aerobatic plane.
Your fully qualified and experienced pilot will greet you on arrival and will give you a pre-flight brief to explain what will happen throughout your experience. You’ll even get some great photo opportunities as you wander over to the Chipmunk.
Your pilot will familiarise you with the controls in the cockpit before you both strap yourselves in for takeoff. Sat behind your pilot, your pilot will taxi onto the runway, where the aircraft will take off and climb safely into the air out of Popham Airfield.
Not only will you see the beautiful Hampshire and Wiltshire countryside from above but also get a true nostalgic feel for this amazing Second World War flying machine.
Towards the end of the day, why not visit Lydiard Park by road and see what events they have on.
- People over 6ft 6in tall and over 242lbs (110kg) may not be able to be flown, so please contact us for exact details.
- No minimum age limitation. Children, however, must be sufficiently intellectually mature to fully understand the instructions given to them before the flight.
- Medical condition such as heart trouble or severe asthma are advised to consult their GP before flight.
- Clients must be capable of entering and leaving the cockpit with assistance from only one person.
- Aircraft location is at Popham in Hampshire.
- This is an introductory flight experience, where you’ll be shown what aviation is all about. If you enjoy your flight, your pilot will point you in the direction of a flight school where you can learn to fly.