Tiger Moth Flight Experience at Duxford, Cambridgeshire
Experience the thrill of flying a real vintage bi-plane and feel the wind in your hair as you climb aboard an original 1930s de Havilland Tiger Moth, with our Tiger Moth Flight Experience at Duxford, Cambridgeshire.
Put on your leather flying jacket, helmet and goggles before walking up the wing of this classic British aviation icon. Our ground crew will then secure you into the front seat of this First World War primary trainer and you’ll experience a flight in our tiger moth plane over the stunning Cambridgeshire countryside.
Sat in the front seat, you will be instantly taken back in time with the simple yet efficient layout cockpit, the smell of the leather and the purr of the Gipsy Major engine… You can literally smell the history!
Seated in front of your instructor, you will taxi out to the runway and take off for a flight of pure nostalgia, during which you will even have the chance to take the controls and fly this elegant plane yourself.
One classic quote: ‘Everybody who has ever flown in a Tiger Moth has fallen in love with it’ – Roald Dahl, Going Solo.
Following your experience, you will have the chance to explore Britain’s best-preserved Second World War airfield. Duxford has a wealth of wonderful hangars housing aircraft from Spitfires to Concorde. Above all, the voucher holder gets into the Imperial War Museum for free and your guests for half price.
– Weight limit on this activity is 18 stone (115kg).
– All participants must be under 6’4″ tall and be able to climb into cockpit of aircraft.
– Min. age: 14 years, max. age: 89 years.
– Winter, as these aircraft are open cockpit we do reduce the number of flights over winter months (it gets cold up there!).
– Clients must be capable of entering and leaving the cockpit with assistance from only one person.