Harvard WarBird Flight Experience at Duxford
£429.00 – £539.00
THIS WARBIRD FLIGHT INCLUDES:
– Pre-flight briefing
– Qualified CAA Flight Instructor
– 20 or 30 minutes in a T6 Harvard
– Hands-on flying of the aircraft
– Time to ask questions on learning to fly
– Free entry into IWM, half price for guests of voucher holder
– Public Liability Insurance
– Friends and family welcome to watch and take photos
HARVARD WARBIRD FLIGHT EXPERIENCE AT DUXFORD
Experience the ultimate flying adventure in the truly unique Harvard Warbird, the T6 Harvard from Duxford Airfield!
This rare American-made machine was primarily used during World War II to train pilots before embarking onto the Legendary Spitfire and Hurricane.
Following your all important pre-flight briefing, it is time to walk out with your pilot to the 1940's Harvard. Get familiar with the controls and the sheer overwhelming size of the machine!
Our ground crew will then secure you into the rear seat before starting the powerful 600hp radial Pratt & Whitney engine. Once comfortable you're ready to taxi out onto the runway before taking flight over the stunning Cambridgeshire countryside! You'll even have the chance to take the controls and fly this elegant plane yourself!
Whether you're a fully indulging aviation enthusiast or simply intrigued, you are in for a flight of size, power and pure nostalgia!
In addition to your experience, you will also gain FREE entry into Britain’s best-preserved Second World War airfield museum. The Imperial War Museum Duxford has a wealth of wonderful hangars, housing aircraft from: Spitfires to Hawker Sea Fury's to Concorde. Guests of the voucher holder are entitled of price entry to the Imperial War Museum.
– Weight limit on this activity is 18 stone (115kg).
– All participants must be under 6’4″ tall and be able to climb into cockpit of aircraft.
– Min. age: 14 years, max. age: 89 years.
– Clients must be capable of entering and leaving the cockpit with assistance from only one person.