TIGER MOTH FLYING EXPERIENCE AT BICESTER AIRFIELD
Climb aboard this ultimate flying adventure in a WWII vintage bi-plane! Smell the history as you sit in the seat of this original 1930s de Havilland Tiger Moth in our Tiger Moth Flight Experience at Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Strap on your leather flying helmet and goggles before walking up the wing of this Second World War primary trainer. Secured in the front seat, you will be instantly taken back in time with the simple yet efficient cockpit layout. Once on the runway, your instructor seated behind you will gracefully take you to the skies for a flight of pure nostalgia. You will even be shown how the controls work with an opportunity to get hands-on yourself.
One classic quote: ‘Everybody who has ever flown in a Tiger Moth has fallen in love with it’ – Roald Dahl, Going Solo.
Bicester Airfield formally known as RAF Bicester was a major bomber base during the Second World War. So as you take flight, see if you can spot any war-related sights and fortification.
After your flight why not go and spend your afternoon at Bicester Village Shopping Outlet which is just 5 minutes down the road!
– Weight limit on this activity is 18 stone (115kg).
– All participants must be under 6’4″ tall and be able to climb into cockpit of aircraft.
– Min. age: 14 years, max. age: 89 years.
– Winter, as these aircraft are open cockpit we do reduce the number of flights over winter months (it gets cold up there!).
– Clients must be capable of entering and leaving the cockpit with assistance from only one person.